I downloaded Chrome in a silly fan-boy-like frenzy the first day the beta came out. I must say the product has actually exceeded my expectations. It's delightful to use.
1. It gets out of the way. Very unobtrusive. I really don't notice the browser, I just use it. Searching on the same bar as the URL has just become natural for me.
2. I like the "quick dial" thing they copied from Opera - when you open a new tab without a URL the 9 most commonly browsed pages come up in a 3x3 pattern as thumbnails. The visual cues really make this a fast way to select your fave pages.
3. It's refreshingly honest when something doesn't work. For example, when a plug-in dies, it says "The following plug-in has crashed..."
4. The Gmail integration is very nice indeed.
5. Some interesting stats tools are built in. Plus an easter egg.
I have basically given up on IE, except for testing. Firefox: I like the addons (Firebug, Wizz RSS viewer) so I still use it daily. However, Chrome is what I use most often for generic browsing.
This is not a blog. So sue me!
- ▼ 2008 (40)
- spam sucks
- stolen joke alert
- actionscript 2
- silly songs
- Windows command line
- Windows desktop
- Flash CS3
- user interface
- batch files
- special characters